Friday, July 23, 2010

A Petal Problem

What to do what to do? I was actually planning on sewing this evening but my poor sewing machine has had a tantrum and seems to want to spend its Friday night locked away. While it gets over its little hissy fit I thought I'd revisit this jacket which I sort-of finished a few weeks back:

I'm just not sure about those petals. Before I put it on her they looked ok, but they're just a bit big. Not to mention perfect for sucking and sopping, soggy wool isn't really a look we're going for in this house. So I think tonight I might cut them off and finish the collar a different way. Pattern is from here.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A finished project!

Remember this?
that the speedy and very talented Ferne embroidered for me?

well it finally turned into this:

I have to say I'm not 100% happy with the result, but after pulling out the topstitching a thousand times (ok, maybe twice) I decided enough was enough and I was actually making things worse rather than better. It's not as neat as I'd like but hopefully my friend will like it. Her little girl is only a couple of months old but she's firmly on the cloth-nappy bandwagon - this is just my way of making sure she stays there. She uses mainly pocket nappies though and this has a snap-in booster - hope she doesn't mind the difference, personally I find snap ins a lot easier :)

It's been wrapped and posted so now just waiting to hear that it arrives safely - and then crossing all my fingers and toes that it doesn't leak everywhere the first time she uses it!